Welcome friend, I’m glad you made it here from Twitter to check out our NO Bullshit Twitter Follow Policy. Catchy title eh? Maybe it even sounds a bit harsh at first but we call it the “NO Bullshit Twitter Follow Policy” mostly because we want to make it clear that we’re not here to bullshit anyone and we’re pretty straight forward (sometimes too much).
I’ll be completely honest by saying that I’m not a huge fan of rules, regs, and policies, (except for the one pictured) however there is a VERY good reason that we created this Twitter Follow Policy and when you make it to the end you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.
No Bullshit Twitter Follow Policy:
- Who we Follow… we follow all those that are Awesome, this includes any persons, places, or things that exhibit Badassery. Simply put, we follow back everyone who follows us. If for some strange reason you don’t understand what this means, feel like you’re not Awesome or feel like you’re not exhibiting Badassery, that’s okay because we believe you’re Awesome even if you don’t!
- Who we Unfollow… 99.9% of the time we unfollow those who don’t follow us back. We’re looking for win-win relationships on Twitter and very rarely are we able to create a win-win relationship when one of the parties is not interested in getting in to a relationship in the first place. We also unfollow people who clog up our Twitter feed with 100% self promotional Tweets e.g. “Get 2,000 followers for $5, no password required” all day long. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not doggin’ this type of activity/tweets. Believe it or not, there is a time and a place in our world in which this stuff adds value. It just so happens that it doesn’t add value to OUR Twitter feed.
- What we Tweet about… we tweet about Twitter and Social Media Badassery #smbadassery. We tweet about leadership, inspiration, and defying the status quo.
- Why we Tweet… because right now is the most opportune time in the history of man to monetize your passion and live a fulfilled life doing what you love. Social Media just so happens to be the most Awesome way to do this. We tweet about leadership and inspiration because those who defy the status quo inspire creativity in humanity long after they’re gone, and we like that.
- Who & What we ReTweet… first and formost we retweet those who have Awesome tweets and content a.k.a Social Media Badassery! Secondly we retweet people who consistently retweet us, Giver’s Gain. If you want a RT simply ask us and we’ll take a look at what you have, then we’ll let you know if it fits in to “What we Tweet about”.
- Where we Tweet from… we’re based in Hawaii but we reserve the right to tweet from wherever in the world we are at the time because Social Media is just that awesome!
- Automatic-DMs… we get a lot of these as I’m sure you do. They’re not as cool as they used to be but heck, if you’re following us then you got one from us, lol! We skim our DM Inbox and if something stands out then we’ll definitely check it out.
- Who the hell are “We”… yup, there’s two of us, 1+1=3 right? You can learn a little more about us, your friendly neighborhood Badassadors on this page: Paul & Keala
And that’s our NO Bullshit Twitter Follow Policy
As I mentioned above, I’m not a fan of rules, regs, and policies. I also said that there’s a very good reason that I created this Twitter Follow Policy. Well, the reason is simple… this Twitter Follow Policy allows us to make a much more meaningful first impression. This isn’t just some type of marketing gimmick, NLP, or anything like that, it’s simply one of the ways that we choose to stand out from the crowd.
I can still remember the first time I came across a Twitter Follow Policy. Initially, I thought to myself “Wow who is this guy, must be really important [sarcasm], hahaha!?!”. As much as I negatively prejudged this guy as being a cocky a**-hole just for having a Twitter Follow policy I couldn’t help but click through to see what this thing was all about. After reading his follow policy I found out that he was a pretty cool guy .
His policy was pretty strict (mostly personal use) compared to ours but I’m guessing that he created it just to be opened about what to expect from him and why he may not follow back. I later unfollowed him because according to his Twitter follow policy, I was not a personal friend therefore he would not follow back. Even though we don’t follow each other, I will never forget what I learned from this gentleman because it sparked the creative thought process that led me to our NO Bullshit Twitter Follow Policy.
Think about it, in the 5 minutes it took you to read this post you probably know much more about us then you would have known by spending 30 minutes reading our Bio & our Tweets. In the realm of Social Media, people want to get to know you so why not make it easy for them?
Creating your Twitter Follow Policy may be the most valuable 20 minutes that you ever spend on Twitter because you create this policy once and it automatically sends people to your website where you have unlimited character space for them to get to know you better.
What are your thoughts on this? Please feel free to leave your comments. Also, if you liked this strategy then you’ll definitely like the Twitter strategies revealed in our eBook below.